All the employees of our member contractors have received hazardous materials handling training courses so that they know what to look for, what the risks are and how to handle hazardous materials, safely and efficiently.
After an initial training program new employees are paired with experienced workers who provide site-specific training.
Hazmat Worker 1 and Hazmat Workers 2 courses are then available to them.
Our training covers:
- Health hazards of exposure to asbestos and other hazardous materials
- The use, maintenance, and limitations of respirators and protective clothing
- Work area designation and preparation; containment, negative air pressure differential and airlocks
- Dust suppression
- Use of HEPA filter vacuums
- Personal decontamination procedures
- Working in confined spaces
- Fall protection
- Elevated platform safety
- First Aid